The difference between medical and ‘regular’ marijuana comes down to the way it’s used. Recreational marijuana is consuming cannabis without medical justification, and medical marijuana is dispensed from a medical marijuana treatment center to a patient who is state-qualified.
Green Balance Health and Wellness is a private practice, and we provide evaluations for eligible patients who are interested in using medical marijuana as an alternative to conventional therapy methods. If you’ve tried other forms of treatment for your conditions and/or ailments and they didn’t work, we want to provide you with relief.
Getting a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida
There are a few simple steps you must take in order to obtain a medical marijuana card in Florida. These steps include:
- Establishing a relationship with a physician certified to recommend/prescribe medical marijuana. In our case, that physician would be Dr. James Faremouth.
- Download and complete the patient intake, medical symptoms diagnosis, disclosures and conditions, medical marijuana consent, and patient consent forms before your visit.
- Provide a medical document from your physician that includes only your qualifying condition.
- Get certified by Green Balance Health and Wellness, or another qualified clinic in Florida, for your condition(s).
- Having your email address entered into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry – this begins your enrollment.
- Have your caregiver, if you have one, present.
- Completing the online application once you receive your login information.
- Being issued a temporary certification until your Florida Medical Marijuana Card comes in the mail.
- Getting recommendations by Dr. James Faremouth or another qualified physician and ordering your medical marijuana products from dispensaries.
Here are some ailments and conditions that qualify for medical marijuana use in the state of Florida:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s Diseases
- Terminal Condition
- Chronic Pain (Nonmalignant)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Diseases
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Conditions of similar kind/class as those listed
First off, please note that you must be 18 or older in order to obtain a medical marijuana card in the state of Florida.
Green Balance Health and Wellness, along with other certified clinics, requires you to bring the following items to your appointment:
- A valid Florida driver’s license/state ID or seasonal proof of residency
- A copy of your medical records
- Your social security number
- Current medication list
At our clinic, the initial certification is $200, and if you attain initial certification and include smokable flower, it is $300. The state-mandated 210 day recertification is $100, and we do not require a 70 day recertification.